inthinc Paving the Pathway to ELD Compliance
inthinc Provides Direction and Leadership for Fleets Required to Meet ELD Mandate
SALT LAKE CITY — December 11, 2015 — inthinc Technology Solutions Inc., a leading telematics solution provider, today announced a pathway to compliance in regards to the announcement of the final ruling and passage of the ELD mandate from the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) – slated to be published in the Federal Register next week.
“Companies struggle with compliance on several levels. It is our goal to help mitigate and/or eliminate the struggles and burdens experienced on a daily basis by our customers,” said Todd Follmer, CEO, inthinc. “Providing a solution that promotes safety and creates efficiencies within the organization while on the road to compliance is one of our primary objectives.”
The ELD mandate focuses on reducing the burdensome task of manual paperwork associated with hours-of-service (HOS) record keeping. Furthermore, it looks to improve the overall accuracy and quality of logbooks via electronic logs (eLogs). The implementation of eLogs will ultimately lead to a reduction in HOS violations, making for safer, more efficient, and federally compliant fleets. The FMCSA says the rule will save the industry $1 billion a year, mostly in time and money saved on paperwork. It also suggests the rule will “save 26 lives and 562 injuries” a year, according to a recent press release.
A Pathway to Compliance
There are several items to consider regarding the ELD rule, including:
- Ensure the technology you are using is providing a path forward for future regulations such as Driver/Vehicle Inspection Reports (DVIR), etc.
- Understand that you don’t have to be compliance expert to be compliant – as your telematics partner, inthinc will continue to be an expert resource on federal rules and regulations providing updates and insights into how these rules affect your fleet. Fleet managers can rely on our compliance professionals to direct them in the specifics of the ruling and provide ‘best practices’ for implementing a solution.
- Rest assured – inthinc is a solution based on safety, efficiency, and compliance. We will continue to innovate and develop technology in compliance with federally mandated regulations, including ELD-based rules.
- Prepare your drivers and organization ahead of time – offer training and education for a successful implementation.
- Fleets currently outfitted with the inthinc solution are already ahead of the ELD curve. According to the mandate, those fleets will have four years to fully implement an ELD solution meeting the mandate requirements, while companies that have yet to install a device will be held to the December 2017 deadline.
“Safety is at the very core of our telematics solution,” explains Oliver Neil, EVP of Product Strategy, inthinc. “inthinc has the technology and infrastructure to meet the requirements of the ELD mandate – a regulation that will ultimately save lives and make fleets of all sizes more efficient.”
As a leader in the telematics industry, inthinc continuously monitors federally regulated developments closely, and will continue to provide the necessary guidance and information to its current customers as well as to fleets of any size requiring the deployment of an ELD solution.
inthinc is a leading global provider of mobile workforce solutions for businesses of all sizes delivered as Software-and-Hardware-as-a-Service (SHaaS). The inthinc solution enables businesses to meet the challenges associated with managing private fleets, and improve the productivity of their mobile workforce by extracting actionable business intelligence from real-time and historical vehicle and driver behavioral data. Additionally, inthinc has developed proprietary applications improving in-vehicle driver performance and safety in real time.
For more information, please visit http://www.inthinc.com.
# # #